TASCAM Recorders for lavalier microphones
The DR-10C-series of Tascam recorders connect to your lavalier microphone to create a compact recording system that fits on a belt pack.
The DR-10CS is designed for use with Sennheiser microphones. An option kit is available for Sony/Ramsa (AK-DR10CR).
The DR-10C TASCAM recorders have both inputs and outputs, so they can either be used standalone or with a wireless transmitter. When used with a transmitter, the unit acts as a backup to protect against wireless dropouts during recording. For lectures or worship services, the DR-10C can record the entire program before it gets to the front of house system. And for events like weddings and reality TV production, the DR-10C is a compact recording system for body mics.
The lightweight DR-10C runs for hours on a single AAA battery. It records to standard microSD media. Recording features include auto-gain and a low-cut filter for simple setup. Its Dual Recording feature records a safety track of your audio at a lower level, so in case of distortion you have a non-clipped backup.
Back up Recording for wireless mics.
The DR-10C Tascam recorder can be connected between the microphone and a transmitter of a wireless system from a supported manufacturer. Connect the mic to the recorder and use the included cable to connect it to the transmitter. This setup is perfect for use as a backup recorder – assuring the capture of audio should the signal sent through the wireless system be interrupted.
The DR-10C is compact – fitting in the palm of the hand and lightweight at 51 grams. Moreover, it is designed to be carried like a single unit with the transmitter. Included is a silicon band that can be used to attach it to the transmitter, and a durable belt clip – allowing several options for use depending on the situation.
The DR-10C can be utilized in recording situations when performers or speakers might move outside the wireless system reception area. When not used with a wireless system, it is perfect as a stand-alone, compact wearable recorder when paired with a lavalier microphone.
Features at a glance
- Micro linear PCM recorder for lavalier microphones
- Can be connected between a lavalier microphone and a wireless transmitter to provide a backup recording
- Records to microSD/microSDHC card (up to 32 GB)
- Mono/poly recording at 44.1/48 kHz sample rate and 16/24-bit resolution
- BWF (WAV) format allows inclusion of time information within audio files
- Recording and playback of MP3 format files
- Sampling rate: 44.1/48 kHz, resolution: 16/24 bits
- Bit rate: 128/192 kbit/s (recording), 32–320 kbit/s (playback)
- Dual recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels to provide a safety track in case of distortion (level reduction for secondary recording selectable –6/–12 dB)
- Hold function prevents accidentally switching off the recorder
- Switchable limiter to prevent clipping
- Switchable low-cut filter conveniently reduces low-frequency noise
- Auto gain control
- Time Track increment function writes new track after a preset amount of time (switchable on/off)
- Playback function for checking recordings via headphones
- Headphones output
- A warning sound can be output, when the unit is low on battery, low on recording space or when recording cannot be started
- Built-in clock for storing time information with recordings
- OLED display with great visibility
- Micro USB-B connector for easy data transfer with a computer
- Power supply through one AAA battery/rechargeable or USB connection
- More than eight hours recording with a single AAA battery
- Settings can be created in a text file on a computer and transferred to the DR-10C via USB
- Infrared data communication allows setting information to be transferred to other DR-10C recorders
- Firmware update possible using the microSD card
- DR-10CS for Sennheiser mics, option packs available for Sony/Ramsa (AK-DR10CR) and Shure (AK-DR10CH)
Tested Media List available here.