SOUND DEVICES MIXPRE-3 II AUDIO RECORDER / MIXER / USB AUDIO INTERFACE
3 XLR input 5-track audio recorder (3+2ch Mix) with USB Audio Interface. The MixPre-3 II, MixPre-6 II, and MixPre-10 II have significantly improved hardware, with 32-bit float recording, patented ultra-wide-dynamic-range A-to-D conversion, internal timecode generation, and recording up to 192 kHz sampling rates in all models. Recorded tracks can be set to auto-copy to a USB drive for easy file transfer, and limiter parameters can now be adjusted.
- Three ultra-low-noise Kashmir microphone preamps with adjustable limiters capture high quality audio in the field, on set, or with a computer.
- Create a mix using the built-in 3 x 2 portable mixer.
- Record up to 5 tracks to an SD card and backup to a USB thumb drive.
- 5-in, 2-out USB audio interface streams to your computer via USB-C.
- Choose bit depths from 16 to 32-bit float, and sampling rates from 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz.
- Internal LTC timecode generator. Timecode In/Out via Aux In/Stereo Out.
- Timecode and record triggering via HDMI.
- USB-A for control surfaces, keyboards, and auto-copy to USB drive.
- In-unit ISO mixing, gain, pan, low-cut, phase inversion, and phantom power.
- Sunlight-readable color touch screen and LED metering.
- Lightweight, durable, and small: perfect for bag use, mobile recording, or a home studio.
- Powerful 300 mW+300 mW headphone amp allows clear and accurate reference of audio.
- Includes a MX-4AA Battery Sled (batteries not included), MX-PSU AC Power Supply, and USB-C to USB-C cable.
- Customize with plugins from the Plugin Store.
What’s New In The MixPre-3 II?
- Bit depth up to 32-bit float for increased dynamic range.
- Record up to 192 kHz.
- Faster, more advanced hardware.
- Internal LTC Timecode Generation and Output.
- Adjustable Limiters.
- Auto-copy to USB Drive.
- Pre-roll buffer increased to 10 seconds.
Versatile. Durable. High-Performance.
If you record field audio, sound effects, podcasts, voice-overs, music, audio for film, or are just starting your audio journey, the MixPre-3 II is for you! With three crystal-clear, ultra low-noise Kashmir preamps, you can record multiple actors, multiple podcasters, or audio for small productions with superior quality – all the way up to a 32-bit float bit depth and a 192 kHz sample rate. This newest generation of Sound Devices’ award-winning MixPre Series has been redesigned for increased performance and an astounding 142 dB of dynamic range.
Your MixPre-3 II is highly customizable to your needs. Record internally to a compatible SD card on set or stream your podcast over USB to your computer at home. Power with your computer, wall power, or record in the middle of nowhere with AA or Sony L-mount batteries. Adjust limiters, bit depth, sample rates, gain, pan, low-cut, phase inversion and phantom power to your liking. Trigger your camera with the internal timecode generator, or feed timecode in via HDMI or Aux In. The choice is yours!
Professionals love the flexibility of the MixPre Series. Don’t need all those options? Basic mode has you covered.
Your MixPre-3 II is rugged, lightweight, and small, so you can throw it in a bag or mount it to a tripod or camera – or get situated on set with our Wingman App and one of our four supported USB control surfaces. With the superior sound and build quality that you can expect from the industry leader in production audio recording, your MixPre-3 II can capture audio for any application. Our friendly and knowledgeable support team, based in the USA and Germany, is here for all your questions and comments. Our job is to make your job easier.
USB | Audio Interface (USB-C): 6-in/2-out (from computer); 44.1 kHz/48 kHz/96 kHz; 16/24/32-bit integer, 32-bit float; Class-compliant USB 2.0 high speed driver
Sound Devices MixPre II mixer-recorders offer customers superb, low-noise, high-dynamic-range microphone preamplifiers along with the ability to record high dynamic range 32-bit float WAV files. New in firmware version 6.00, MixPre II models can send the complete 32-bit float signal from microphone inputs over USB when used as a USB audio interface for computers running MacOS Catalina (10.15 and later) to software applications that recognize 32-bit float.
User Manual available to download here.
Progressive Broadcast Hire Ltd
Call us to discuss your job or use the form below to email us.
|Monday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Saturday||Closed but staff are available on call.|
|Sunday||Closed but staff are available on call.|