Sony FS7 hire in Scotland
The Sony PXW-FS7 provides perfect comfort for handheld work without the need for rigs and cages and is able to work via adaptor with either our PL or EF mount lenses – allowing for a great deal of flexibility with regard to budgets. It records at up to 180fps and supports 2k and 4k recording via external recorder.
When it comes to image sensors, size definitely matters. Sony’s Super 35 sensor delivers ‘bokeh’, the defocused backgrounds made possible by shallow depth of field. A common technique for directing audience attention within the frame, shallow depth of field is far easier to achieve with a large sensor. Other things being equal, a bigger sensor also equates to better low-light sensitivity and lower image noise. And with bigger sensors, the field of view is wider for any given focal length lens.
With the FS7 sensor, size is just the beginning.
- 14 stops of exposure latitude deliver powerful grayscale rendition without crushing shadow detail or blowing out highlight detail
- ISO 2000 sensitivity enables you to shoot well after sunset, without tons of lighting and grip
- 4K resolution: The sensor incorporates 11.6 million total pixels and 8.8 million effective pixels to deliver full 4K resolution. Even if you’re delivering in HD, your recordings will capture detail and image texture that HD sensors cannot see
- Sony Exmor® CMOS design makes for extremely fast readout, contributing to frame rates of up to 180 fps and minimised image skew
High Frame Rates up to 180 fps
From freestyle skiing to water sprays to pyrotechnics, High Frame Rates underscore the beauty and drama of everyday motion. That’s why the FS7 provides continuous recording at Full HD at frame rates of up to 180 fps. When you play back at 23.98p, you’ll enjoy extraordinary Super Slow Motion of up to 7.5x. Compared to burst mode, the continuous recording of the FS7 reduces mistimed shots and extra takes. The camera also provides Slow and Quick motion from 1 fps to 180 fps, in 1 fps increments. This enables time lapse effects to make the clouds race by or flowers bloom before your eyes. And for even higher frame rates, you can attach the XDCA-FS7 extension unit and connect an outboard recorder, both sold separately, for 2K RAW recording at up to 240 fps. This creates 10x Super Slow Motion when played at 23.98p.
Built-in ND filters
You don’t need a matte box to get the advantages of shallow depth of field even in exterior day shoots. A built-in Neutral Density (ND) filter wheel includes positions for Clear, 1/4 (2 stops), 1/16 (4 stops), and 1/64 (6 stops).
RAW recording, Apple ProRes 422 and multi-cam with Sony’s extension unit
To keep the PXW-FS7 small, light and easily hand-holdable, Sony engineers reserved some special functions for an outboard module, the XDCA-FS7 extension unit, sold separately. The unit adds powerful capabilities:
- External RAW recording. To preserve the maximum in colour, contrast and resolution, the XDCA-FS7 enables RAW recording when connected to outboard recorders, sold separately. The XDCA-FS7 supports the vivid colour of 12-bit linear RAW at either 4K or 2K resolution. Use a single BNC cable to connect the XDCA-FS7 to Sony’s HXR-IFR5 interface unit and AXS-R5 recorder, both sold separately. The interface also allows the use of compatible third-party external recorders, such as the ATOMOS Shogun and the Convergent Design® Odyssey 7Q and theequipped with the Sony FS RAW option. Even when you record outboard RAW, you can still record time code-synchronised Full HD on-board, a convenient proxy for offline editing
- Apple ProRes 422 recording. Sony understands that some workflows are committed to the Apple ProRes 422 codec. That’s why the XDCA-FS7 supports Apple ProRes 422 and Apple ProRes 422 HQ – 1920 x 1080 recording to an XQD™ card in the camera
- Multi-camera operation. The XDCA-FS7 also provides Genlock and Timecode In/Out for multi-camera shoots
Unsurpassed handheld comfort
A handheld camera should be able to get you into tight places. To work in your lap. To move with the talent. To shoot high and low angles with equal facility. And a handheld camera should function beautifully against your chest or shoulder, comfortably steadied by your right hand. The Sony FS7 does all of this, and more. The built-in shoulder pad makes for stable shoulder-style shooting, while the curved back sits comfortably against your chest.
Progressive Broadcast Hire Ltd
Call us to discuss your job or use the form below to email us.
|Monday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Saturday||Closed but staff are available on call.|
|Sunday||Closed but staff are available on call.|