Arri Alexa Hire in Scotland
The Arri Alexa Plus is Arri’s extraordinary, film-style, digital motion picture camera, which marked the company’s first major transition into digital cinematography.
- PL lens mount,
- a Super 35 sized CMOS sensor shooting up to 2880 x 2160 resolution and
- supports uncompressed video or proprietary raw (ARRIRAW) data.
Arri Alexa Plus Running Software version 11.0
High Speed Licence option available – record up to 120 frames per second
DNXHD 145 (8bit 4:2:2) and DNxHD 220x (10 bit 4:2:2) – Avid Codec
An Arri Alexa plus is a 35 format film-style digital camera with
- an electronic viewfinder,
- 16:9 active sensor area and
- built-in Lens Data System.
The Arri Alexa can record
- QuickTime ProRes 4444,
- ProRes 422 (HQ),
- ProRes 422, ProRes 422 (LT)
- and ProRes 422 (Proxy) files onto in-camera SxS PRO cards (MXF/DNxHD 220x and 145 with DNxHD license key).
- HD-SDI or
- ARRIRAW T-link on BNC connectors.
- Frame rate: 0.75 to 60 fps (0.75 – 120 fps up to ProRes 422 HQ with High Speed license key).
- Exposure through electronic rolling shutter: 5.0° – 358.0°.
- Built-in real-time wireless lens control and REC support with the ARRI Wireless Remote System (WRS).
- One extra MON OUT and one extra RS socket,
- built-in 3D lens synchronization, motion sensors and quick switch BNC connectors.
The Arri ALEXA Plus adds
- integrated wireless remote control,
- the ARRI Lens Data System (LDS),
- additional outputs,
- lens synchronization for 3D, and
- built-in position and motion sensors.
The Arri Alexa Plus shares ALEXA’s image performance, simplicity of operation, reliability in extreme environments and versatility of workflow, and is available either as part of a complete camera package or as an upgrade for the original ALEXA.
An advanced electronics side cover permits real-time wired or wireless remote control of camera REC/STOP and lens functions like focus and aperture, using either ARRI hand controllers such as the Wireless Compact Unit (WCU-3) or cmotion’s modular cvolution system.
The lens mount of the Arri Alexa Plus model incorporates LDS contacts, allowing lens data and depth of field to be displayed in the viewfinder or on monitors, and making speed/iris ramps easier. Lens metadata can be recorded using ProRes, HD-SDI or ARRIRAW.
Progressive Broadcast Hire Ltd
Call us to discuss your job or use the form below to email us.
|Monday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Saturday||Closed but staff are available on call.|
|Sunday||Closed but staff are available on call.|