Cinetape makes measuring distance easy.
This versatile ultrasonic system from Cinematography Electronics Inc. continuously calculates the distance between a subject and the camera’s film-plane.
By continuously measuring distance during a shot, small or subtle subject movements are no longer a problem.
These non-stop measurements make focusing a camera lens simple. This saves time, avoids retakes and reduces production costs.
The main components are the cinetape measure control and the sensor assembly. The control displays accurate distance measurements from the constant stream of data that is received by the sensors.
The Cinetape Measure System is a small, rugged, lightweight, and quiet ultrasonic range finder.
It is compatible with all lenses, film cameras and video cameras. In addition, the system is easy to set up and use. This makes it the first choice of professional filmmakers.
CineTape Measure Control
The stylish Cinematography Electronics Cinetape Measure Control is the brain of the system.
- The Cinetape continuously computes the distance between the camera’s film plane and the subject.
- A simple one-time Film-Plane offset adjustment programs the relationship of the film plane to the sensor position.
- When the control detects a subject, the green Sense LED glows.
- The calculated distance is shown on the LED display in either feet-inches or meters-centimeters.
- Adjustable brightness levels for the large red LED display offers comfortable viewing under different lighting conditions.
- The digital Sensitivity adjustment feature fine-tunes the system range. This is also helpful with different subject reflectivity.
- The Close Focus feature sets the minimum sense distance. Objects within this area are disregarded.
- All of the functions are set and stored digitally. This safeguards against accidental changes and provides accurate repeatability between units.
The innovative Cinematography Electronics sensor assembly consists of
- two small cone-shaped “horns,”
- a miniature pan tilt mechanism,
- a mounting stud,
- and an electrical connector.
The horns send and receive ultrasonic signals that are used to calculate the distance measurement. Mounting the sensor assembly onto a camera package is simple with the combo stud.
With its pan and tilt adjust/lock knobs, aiming the horns towards the subject is quick and straightforward.
The sensor assembly interfaces to the control via a short detachable Sensor Cable.
A spring-loaded holder permits laser pens to be attached parallel to the sensors, providing a visual reference during calibration.
Progressive Broadcast Hire Ltd
Call us to discuss your job or use the form below to email us.
|Monday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Saturday||Closed but staff are available on call.|
|Sunday||Closed but staff are available on call.|